Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

A little bit of paper piecing

It is so long since I did any paper piecing, so when I saw this design, it was just the one to use.   Hearts and roses what more can you ask for.
This beautiful triple heart digi design from Stamping Dragon designs and a pad of free papers from a magazine and I was in my glory.

All the papers used were from the vintage rose selection from Pink petticoat and the matting and layering was trimmed with a deckle rotary blade.  The edges were inked with Tim Holtz distressed ink in dusty concord.  I printed the digi image out twice, cut the hearts from one and used as a stencil to cut the papers out and pieced back together on top of the original image.  The swirls and the edges of the hearts were glittered with pee wee glitter and the sentiment was printed with my xyron design runner.

If you like the image then pop over to the shop to see more, and remember to check out the challenge blog, you still have a week to get your designs in.

Bye for now

xx

6 comments:

  1. I love the paper piecing - GREAT job! The glitter is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the paper piecing. Loving the card.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything in vintage!! I'm such a vintage fetish :) I'm loving it! -g!

    ReplyDelete