Followers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WOYWW

Yesterday afternoon I had great plans to do some crafting........However I decided to tidy my dies.  I had bought a index card box and decided to attach all my dies to C6 pieces of magnetic mat and file them in the box.  I needed more Magnetic mat which I knew I had but couldn't find.  That was my plans out the window as I starting looking through all my stash, tidying as I went, and finding things I forgot I had such as my MCS parchment delights CD rom which was still unopened.  This brings me to my desk, on it you will see that last night I decided to play with this CD and my flowery frame was the result.  This is the first time I have tried any parchment craft, I know this is the 'cheats' way of doing it but to be perfectly honest I know I would not have the patience to do the 'real thing'
I printed out the frame, embossed around the lines and then coloured on the reverse with watercolour pencils.
I also had a really good tidy up, which for some reason gets me in the mood for crafting,

If you wonder what I am babbling on about then pop over to Julia's and she will explain.  I managed to get round more than half of last weeks desks and can't wait to see what you have all been up to over the last 7 days

xx

19 comments:

  1. loving your fabulous work area thanks for sharing - and hope you get a chance to craft soon - lv Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the tidying - I think it makes desks look even more inviting but then it just leads to more crafty mess! :D xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolynne, well you've been busy, love the tidy desk and that's a very special frame, how are you going to use it? can't wait to see ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work area, it's amazing how much stuff turns up when you have a tidy up isn't it? Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that frame. I don't tidy cos you get so far and then lose interest! (19)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya
    gorgeous frame i haven't done any parchment for ages, luv it but very time consuming, & often cock up at the last min with cutting! lol,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing like a nice tidy desk to make you want to create on it! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your parchment frame. My Mum bought me a light box (an expensive one!) for christmas a few years ago and I am ashamed to say I have never used it!

    Sarah (57)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very busy space and some great things going on there.
    Have a lovely week.
    Sue xx 8

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't look like cheating to me, looks great!

    Hugs
    Brenda (88)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done parchment, so I don't think you're cheating at all! Think it all looks fabulous. Lovely lot of pencils and punches you have too!
    Have a happy WOYWW!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  12. The frame turned out great! I haven't tried parchment crafts but it sounds fun! thanks for the snoop and your wonderful comment ;)
    Karla #4

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think WOYWW has us all worried about keeping our spaces tidy but having fun crafting is really more important. :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice to have a tidy up and find some forgotten stash it! I havent tried parchment craft either but that card looks lovely so dont think of it cheating but more of utilising your time efficiently! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl (28)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that frame. At first when I just looked at your pictures the bottom one drew my eye to it and I thought it was a decorated cake. Honest! Just look and see if you see that.#45

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the frame and a good tidy up does us good sometimes!!


    A.xx (38)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely job you did on the frame, just love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete